Monday, April 23, 2007

April 16, 2007 Virginia Tech Tragedy


"We will continue to invent the future through our blood and tears and through all our sadness ... We will prevail ... "-- Nikki Giovanni, University Distinguished Professor, poet, activist


A week later and the pain and agony for the families and friends of VT is still there. Please continue to pray.


I have recruited on the campus of Virginia Tech at least 20 times. I have many friends and colleagues that work at VT and have the privilege of knowing a great number of Tech alumni. Hokies are a special breed. When I heard about the 4/16/07 tragedy I felt like a part of my heart was ripped out. As hard as it is to figure out, I know that God has a plan. My thoughts, prayers and condolences go out to anyone that was touched or felt a sense of loss as a part of this horrific day. The attached picture and attached quote is from the VT website. http://www.vt.edu/As much as this horrible day will make us focus on the evil in the world, I would encourage you to visit the VT website and read all of the tributes, kind thoughts and call for prayers from around the world. There are literally hundreds of them posted each day. Some of them are truly uplifting. http://rosa.hosting.vt.edu/index.php/memorial/



...Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me...Psalm 23:4 (NIV)

1 comment:

Tyler and Leah said...

Nice blog - found you through my buddy Mark Clark! Great story of you on the chair life - tragic about the shooting - I can't imagine what it would have been like if it had happened on my campus.
Tyler
www.tylerandleahkovacs.blogspot.com